Traveling. That’s my answer.
I remember countless conversations about winning it big in the lottery, and what I’d do with my winnings.
I’d travel the world and see more of Europe. Yes, I am in love with Europe, but that deserves another post.
This one is about the day I realised I’d gift my family a quick trip to Disneyland this year for their birthdays, instead of the usual presents, kiddie parties or fancy dinners.
This year, the four of us (the hubby and I, and two toddlers!) are going to see Mickey and Minnie in Hong Kong! And it’s a celebration of “firsts” for our little family:
1) It’s not my first time to see HK, but it is for the hubby and the kids.
2) It’s our first out-of-the-country trip together as a family.
3) First out-of-the-country trip for the toddlers! Yay!
4) A first occassion to celebrate all our birthdays in one day.
5) First trip without a stroller. I read from a blog that HK is not stroller-friendly so hubby and I will each have a kid in tow.
6) First time to see the Disneyland fireworks! I missed it last time because we had an early start and the heat was unbearable. By the time we finished our stroll at the park, we were extremely exhausted and had to run back to the hotel for comfort.
7) First trip without a nanny. Hubby, we can do this!
8) First opportunity for us to save up for the trip. Goodbye, unnecessary expenses and eating out. 😊
9) First time we are sharing a birthday cake!
10) First learning experience for us as a family, as we discover a different culture, see new places and meet new people.
The trip is in November, and it’s only January. I can’t wait!
Yep, I’m excited! See you in a few months, Hong Kong!